Weaving Your Leadership Whāriki
September 24 @ 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
Great leadership isn’t just one thing that makes a great leader, but rather a weaving together of many strands. No leader’s Whāriki would be the same as we all weave our own unique pattern of experiences, strengths, talents, dispositions, wisdom and characteristics into our Leadership Whāriki.
Many of us have been using Te Whāriki for years as kaiako but most have us have never thought to use the strands and principles on ourselves or to use it as a tool for holistic, empowered leadership. However, when we think about how interconnected we all are with each other it makes perfect sense that we should apply this wisdom on ourselves. Of course, we need to belong, to be well within ourselves, to be able to communicate, contribute and explore if we want this for children.
We can’t give what we don’t have so if we want a place where children can thrive then the adults in the whanau need to thrive too.
In this workshop we will explore how we can use Te Whāriki as a powerful leadership framework.
Weaving Your Leadership Whāriki will:
- Provoke reflection, deepen your understanding of holistic leadership.
- Help you to gain insight into the chemistry of team culture.
- Explore tools for emotionally literate leadership.
- Give you practical strategies to build resilience into your own role.
- Support you with practical ways that you can use the principles and strands of Te Whāriki in your practice as a leader.
Mā te whiritahi, ka whakatutuki ai ngā pūmanawa ā tāngata. – Together weaving the realisation of potential.
Morning Tea and Lunch provided