- This event has passed.
The Intentional Teacher
February 22 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Research has shown that outstanding teachers are intentional, they do things on purpose. They are always thinking about what they are doing and how it will foster children’s development and produce real and lasting learning (Epstein, 2007).
Discover what it means to be an “intentional teacher” during the course of this workshop.
This course will cover:
- What it means to be an intentional teacher.
- How to be more intentional in your practice.
- “What learning matters here?”
- Planning, assessment for learning, documentation and how to authentically respond to children’s learning with sensitivity and respect.
- How to engage more meaningful parent and whanau participation in their child’s learning and assessment.
This is a practical hands-on workshop so please bring along your the assessment and planning document that you are currently working on a great workshop for the whole team!
Morning Tea provided
$75 for one
$130 for two
$175 for three
Group size is limited. Previous workshops booked up quickly – book your space today.
Feedback from teachers who attended this course previously:
“I was unsure how an intentional teacher fit into a play based setting and through this PD it has become clear. Great course! Glad I came!”
“Was an amazing opportunity to attend this PD and develop my knowledge and I look forward to implementing this.”